shawna park, lisw-s
Shawna Park is a licensed independent Social Worker with supervision designation (LISW-S) and is passionate about helping people to become the best version of themselves. She has been working in the field of mental health and substance abuse since 2004. Shawna uses a variety of treatment modalities to create a personalized therapeutic experience to address an array of mental health symptoms.
About Shawna's Professional Experience:
- Private Practice, 2015-Current: Providing mental health and substance abuse counseling.
- Clinical Director, 2013-2015: Supervised a team of therapists and case managers at a community mental health agency.
- Community Mental Health Therapist, 2009-2013: Provided mental health and substance abuse counseling to low-income and severely mentally ill individuals in the community, in both outpatient and residential settings
- Worked with Athens County Children Services in the Adoption Unit to help children and families prepare for and adjust to adoption.
- Assisted Ohio University students by providing counseling to those who suffered from substance abuse issues.
- Provided support services for a Residential Drug/Alcohol Treatment Center for adolescents in Athens, Ohio.
- Assisted in the educational programming for inmates at the SEPTA Correctional Facility in Nelsonville, Ohio.
- Worked with underprivileged youth in an after-school program to assist with education, social skills, and recreation.
Shawna believes in the strong relationship that exists between mind, body, and spirit and is delighted to partner with the Jai Center for Wellness to enhance the therapy process! Individuals participating in regular counseling with Shawna receive a 15% discount on Massage Therapy services at Jai Center for Wellness, and a free yoga class pass with our friends down the road. Ask Shawna for more details.
Accepted Insurance Plans:
- Medical Mutual
- United Healthcare
- Optima/Ohio Health
- Self-pay $125
Schedule an appointment with Shawna by calling 216-299-1517, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view Shawna's Psychology Today listing.